At The Whitney M. Young, Jr. Community School all stakeholders (community, students, support staff, parents, teachers, and administrators) take an active role in nurturing and developing students to become productive members of society.
We are committed to:
* the Acquisition and implementation of best practices
* the Collaboration of all stakeholders to meet student needs
* the Team approach to plan and instruct effectively
* the Improvement of the school environment, including communications and opportunities for parental involvement.
*the Ownership of academic, social, and emotional success of students by all stakeholders
* the Notion that all students can and will succeed.
All students will internalize and apply strong literacy strategies across the content areas that will enable them to develop as lifelong learners.